Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I came back to England a couple of years ago but I had braces

I came back to England a couple of years ago but I had braces put on abroad. Right now I had these braces two years and have been the same since I have gotten them (no repairs, tightening etc) because the NHS said they wont cover me and that I may need to go private. at this point I just want the braces off because its beginning to cause problems and I cannot afford to go private so I wanted to know if they would at least take them off because I might try and take them off with pliers and it will only get worse especially since I have a broken bite turbo.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpyou absolutely cannot take them off yourself.The dentist will need to use glue remover to get them offthis is not safe to do yourself.I strongly recommend against it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question wasn't to whether I could take them off myself was that will the NHS take them off for me since it is beginning to detrimental to my health?
Absolutely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I see. thank you for the answer. Is the payment for the question automatic or do I need to send it manually?
payment sent. thanks