Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 17 weeks pregnant. I have been in hospital following

Hello, I am 17 weeks pregnant. I have been in hospital following a faint which resulted in falling down the stairs. I've had cramps for 3 days now. They scan and saw the baby appeared fine but did not examine internally. I noticed when I went to the toilet my cervix is near the entrance and I fit (with a sterile glove!) 1 and a half fingers inside. I have taken a picture as it is petruding enough to do so. Would you mind having a look. This is pregnancy number 4 conceived with mirena coil (been removed)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if the picture has uploaded please let me know if not. I've had some mucus containing blood yesterday.
Thanks for this questioni'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpcan you attach the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Phil, I believe it has now been uploaded although I cannot see it.
I cannot see it either.The upload failed.if you accept additional services, you can email it to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shall try from a pc.
This could indicate cervical incompetenceyou need a OB/GYN doctor to do a manual examthere are things that can be done but this is a risk to lose the baby
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the cervix look dilated to you?
Its hard to tell but it does a little yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help. Having had 3 children I realise the cramps feel a lot like contractions, maybe the blood stained mucus was a show. I have suspected preterm labour and the doctor at the hospital did advise this could happen even though the scan showed baby is ok. I just didn't want to be a nuisance to them if there was nothing to be concerned about. I shall make my way to the hospital shortly. Thank you for your time.
You are absolutely NOT a nuisance.You have the right to ask for an exam and your baby's health could be at stake