Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 17 weeks pregnant. I have been in hospital following

Hello, I am 17 weeks pregnant. I have been in hospital following a faint which resulted in falling down the stairs. I've had cramps for 3 days now. They scan and saw the baby appeared fine but did not examine internally. I noticed when I went to the toilet my cervix is near the entrance and I fit (with a sterile glove!) 1 and a half fingers inside. I have taken a picture as it is petruding enough to do so. Would you mind having a look. This is pregnancy number 4 conceived with mirena coil (been removed)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if the picture has uploaded please let me know if not. I've had some mucus containing blood yesterday.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questioni'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpcan you attach the picture?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Phil, I believe it has now been uploaded although I cannot see it.
I cannot see it either.The upload failed.if you accept additional services, you can email it to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shall try from a pc.
This could indicate cervical incompetenceyou need a OB/GYN doctor to do a manual examthere are things that can be done but this is a risk to lose the baby
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the cervix look dilated to you?
Its hard to tell but it does a little yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for your help. Having had 3 children I realise the cramps feel a lot like contractions, maybe the blood stained mucus was a show. I have suspected preterm labour and the doctor at the hospital did advise this could happen even though the scan showed baby is ok. I just didn't want to be a nuisance to them if there was nothing to be concerned about. I shall make my way to the hospital shortly. Thank you for your time.
You are absolutely NOT a nuisance.You have the right to ask for an exam and your baby's health could be at stake