Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

As a baby my grandson suffered with horrible cold sore,s everytime

As a baby my grandson suffered with horrible cold sore,s everytime he got ill they would be up his nose, in his mouth, around his lips and on his fingers, antil he became school age, now when he gets ill he has been getting seizures, where he would just stand and stare into thin airfor a few minutes and sometimes vomit after,he has been getting very often and sometimes a short time in hospital,,now last week he had a full blown seizure where the whole body was shaking and spent 4 days in hospital he has had all the tests ie brain scan,,eeg,, and lumber punch but found nothing,only a sinus infection, allso a sickness bug while he was in there,this is very frightning for his parents to see there child go through this terrible illness,,,he is eight now and they still don,t have any answers as to why they are happining, kind regards phyllis
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
thanks for this questionAny other medical issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish to continue waiting for my answer,,, thakyou
Thanks for this question PhyllisLikely he has epilepsyHe probably is having absence seizures normallyNow, he had a grand mal seizureThis is common in kids and doesn't always have a good explanation as to whyLuckily most kids outgrow this over time
please don't forget a positive rating.
I appreciate it
if you have more questions, just reply
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States