Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

There, I have a question in relation to my 13 months old

Hi there, I have a question in relation to my 13 months old daughter eye infection. One eyelid is red and swollen-she could barely open her eye this morning. Mid last week she had temperature for three consecutive afternoons, followed by a red spotty rash on her face and tummy. The rash disappeared within 24 hours and now we have the eye infection. As I could not get an appointment to see the GP today-booked in for tomorrow morning- I am a bit worried. I gave her antibiotic eyedrops as there was some discharge and the antibiotic eyedrops-fucithalmic-were previously prescriped by the GP for a similar eye infection.
Many thanks,
Mum to Ruby
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpThis is a common problem in kids.Likely just a conjunctivitisI think the baby will be fine.The antibiotic drop is likely the extent of treatment needed
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
if you have more questions, just reply