DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have suffered with cronic back pain years ive

hello I have suffered with cronic back pain for 8 years ive been had no end of treatment and nothing works I'm sick of all the pain releife I have to take is there any one I can see if there is more to the pain
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hellofirst, it depends on the cause of your pain.I am assuming this is from disc problems.If so, this needs a consultation from a PM&R specialist. In the UK, this is called a non-invasive orthopedist.A comprehensive manual medicine is the first order of business.Then, proper pain medication, which might range from neurologically acting medicine, such as gabapentin, even to narcotics. But there are a variety of others and anti spasmodics might be used short term.An anti inflammatory diet is required. And essential.Anti inflammatory dietary specifics should be used as well, such as ginger root and turmeric.Acupuncture is one of the best adjunctive alternative therapies.In the case of disc pain that does not resolve, surgery is often indicated.You need this entire assessment from the appropriate specialists, and a pain management doctor should now be in charge of your case.If it is your GP, then you need to find out his pain management experience, and go over this post with him/her. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.