DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Having been taking Rampril 5mg of years i am 55

having been taking Rampril 5mg for acouple of years i am 55 years old and over that period have gradually lost my sex drive is there any chance the rampril could be the cause.Have been very happily married for 33 yrs
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Yes decrease in libido is a known side effect of ramipril so you should discuss this with your physician so that an alternate drug can be prescribed.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would like confirmation this is a one off payment of £24.00 for the one question asked thank you
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for reply.You need to contact customer services for this information since this is not available to us experts.I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate this answer by using the star system on the top of your screen. The conversation can be continued even after the rating.Best wishes.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am a double board certified clinical doctor.I have a different answer.The chances are very small that you would develop this over this period of time due to your medication.There are other possibilities that must be excluded.Depression or anxiety.Low testosterone.Any chronic illness.Any hidden infection or malignancy.Hypothyroidism.Adrenal problems.I would have the following done.All routine labsUrinalysisComplete exam.Sex hormone panelAdrenal panelTestosterone levels, free testosterone and SHBG. Find me in medical as needed, dr. Thomas by request.Please click a positive rating on this answer page,,,,then I will be paid.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
ThanksSave time and effort.... I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.