Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have found a a deep scabby sore on my upper back that is

I have found a a deep scabby sore on my upper back that is hot on touch. I have not had problems on my back before and have not had any injuries that would cause a wound. I have pictures on request just worried what this could be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added pictures
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.This is a furuncle, with the skin around the infected follicle necrosed due to infection. The erythema (redness) is due to localized cellulitis. The chances of an underlying abscess in such a case are many. The best course of action will be to see your Doctor as soon as possible for this, better in an A and E and get an examination done to rule out abscess formation since that requires lancing or incision and drainage.An Antibiotic like Augmentin needs to be started along with an anti inflammtory to resolve this.Hope this helps.I only get paid for my work on this site if you rate the answer by using the star system on the top of your screen. The conversation can be continued even after the rating.Best.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.
Wish you good health.