Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My 21 year old daughter was taken into hospital on xmas day

My 21 year old daughter was taken into hospital on xmas day last year , she took a spoonful of prawn cocktail and then became violently sick , she stayed In hospital for 2 weeks , during this period she kept nothing down and was sick every day , she was released with no answers , she has now lost 4 stone , her correct weight should be 10.6 , she is now 7st. She was 11.6 . Her G.P have been monitoring her for the last 3 months but repeatedly tell her it's mental and are trying to arrange a meeting with someone to speak to her. My daughter loves life and her work, when she swallows food or fluid it hits a point and then comes immediately back up with severe pain as if her body is refusing it. Can you help me
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Has she had an endoscopy done to have a look at her stomach from the inside?
Does she have any other medical problems?
Is she on any medications for anything at the moment?
If you wish to talk on here you can continue to do so or if you wish to talk to me over the phone please accept the additional services offer so that I can call you and discuss this problem.
Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr parsons ***********
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I will call you in a moment.Kindest regards