Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Could you please advice and help me regarding my infected

Customer Question

Hi could you please advice and help me regarding my infected tooth lower left 2nd molar.I have been told it needs extracting , can't be root cannelledand ect as the tooth is bad throughout.I was placed under the NHS hospital as I'm asthmatic and have taken steroids meds .Last week when I sat in the dentist chair for extraction the dentist asked me to sign the papers ect and informed me that my tooth this a simple extraction lies close to the I.D neb nerve and I am a medium risk for nerve damage e.g.he said lip and chin tingles numbness.This worried me , my blood pressure went too high and the dentist sent me back home.I am due extraction next Wednesday 11feb.I am now soooooh worried that I'm not sure what to do,the info on the web re nerve injury says pain ect I would like to ask you please what will happen if I decline and keep the bad tooth,keep it clean ect also they said the tooth my break up and I will need surgery and stitches, I'm so confused and worried I'm 50 years old and a mother of an 8 year old child, I already have other health issues that I deal with daily .I would be gratefully for any advice kind regards Angela
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi Angela, thanks for the query,According to the condition of tooth you described it seems like extraction is must because otherwise infection would not go away and would lead to abscess formation and surgery would be ultimate solution then, and nerve damage is more likely during surgery so it is better to take that tooth out. As far as your anxiety is concerned i would suggest you should get this extraction under sedation so that you do not get anxious during the procedure and so your blood pressure remains stable. You can request your dentist to do the procedure under sedation by himself or the best would be to get it done under monitored anesthesia care as you are asthamatic as well.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.
Wish you good health.