Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Im a little concerened I'm 27 years old and I was informed

Im a little concerened I'm 27 years old and I was informed that I have HPV after my first pap smear test on October 1st 2013 at the time I was 25. They informed me I have low dysplasia cells but to be certain of the extent of the cell changes they would like me to go for a biopsy on my cervix at the Colposcopy clinic. I went along the following month in nov 2013 and the results came back fine but I would need to go for my smear test in 12 months time to check if there are any further changes.
In that time of waiting to go back for my second test feel pregnant January 2014 and gave birth to a little girl in sept 2014. I was then called for my smear test in Nov 2014 when I was getting it done by the nurse she informed me she has inserted the rod but I had bled and she couldn't see my cervix through the instrument so she transferred to for a second visit to the colposcopy clinic when I was there they didn't see any further changes to be alarmed about and didn't need to carry out a second biopsy but still wanted me to come back for a smear test in 12 months time to check on my cervix another 12 months have passed and now im due to go for my test in 2 weeks time and I have been feeling a lot of discomfort in my virginal area in feels very dry and tight and sometimes like something is scraping my virgina inside im just concerned when she comes to do my smear test I will bleed again which alarms me a lot I have major anxiety now that everytime I need to have a smear I will need to go for a colposcopy.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Your last pap smear was fine.And low dyplasia is not concerning.Your body already HPV virus from your body.Hence next pap smear will be normal.You can go for the pap smear after about week of your menses to avoid blood in the cervix.The traumatizing experience is understandable.But even if you skip the pap smear, you should not worry about cervical cancer given the past negative results.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you know my next pap smear test will be fine?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Since your last pap was good, and also your first colposcopy was good your next pap smear should be good as well.Best wishes,