Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

My skin is very complicated at the moment . I cannot define

Customer Question

My skin is very complicated at the moment . I cannot define what type of skin it is. Growing up, I had oily skin i think? But i used to use exfoliant aha/ bha pads with alcohol that I think dried it out.Now i find that the only think that works for my skin is cleansing with goats milk soap. Then applying to damp, towel dried skin a mixture of 3/5ths water, 2/5s rosewater and aloe juice. Then a couple of drops of various oils: safflower, sweetalmond, rosehip, jojoba and a little grapeseed. This is the only thing that moisturises and seems to sink into my skin. Am i doing this right? What is going on with my skin. Thank you
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.Do you have a pic of the skin?
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
It sounds to me like you have dehydrated the skin with the medicine you used
It is probably normally oily but you have extracted all the natural oils
A picture of it would confirm for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is
I definitely think that is the case.Plus you have acne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes quite bad acne. So what can I do to remedy the situatuation because if I moisturise on dry skin, it simply does not absorb
I would try taking an oral antibioticLike minocyclineit will fight the acne and not dry out the skin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help. But i should keep with the same way of moisturising through mixing waters and oils and applying to the skin..also, it seems when i apply normal moisturiser on dry skin, it just seems to get drier and break out. Why does this happen. Thank you again for your help
It could be the specific moisturizerI would use cetaphil or eucerin. they are milder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last thing, my skin in my body is also very dry, does this mean my whole body is dehydrated?
yes, it does. do you drink enough water?you may also need a humidifier in the house
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help. You have been amazing. I have one now.
:)