Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am 55yrs, male. I have heameroids, first time ive

Hello. I am 55yrs, male. I have heameroids, first time ive had them. Doctor examined me and diagnosed as such. The symptoms are classic internal. Itchy, achey, never any bleeding, uncomfortable to sit. I have using anusol sypository,s after morning bowel movement, and before sleep. Have had external swollen lumps around anus and used cream. This all started 2 months ago.
My question is using tge above regime it takes between 1, 2, weeks to virtually disappear, and just at the point of having almost gone it inflames again and takes another1, 2 weeks. I have gone through this cycle 3 times. Yesterday it was virtually gone, last night it stated to get sensitive and today all the symptoms are back again for a 4th wave of it.
I do not eat cheap, processed foods, i eat home cooked quality foods.
This morning using a sypository made it feel worse and it has remained hot, itchy and angery feeling.
I am confused as to why i am going round in circles. Do not know what to next. Is this normal ? Can you please advise.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloA. Switch to a cooked vegetarian diet.B. Use stool softeners.C. Use hot sitz baths daily: sit in hot waterD. Studies have shown that a combination cream of nifedapine and lidocaine is most effectve.They might never clear up, or they can.You should also lose weight if indicated.You should make sure you don't have any other problems, such as with the liver.If you keep having flair ups, there are non invasive surgical procedures.See this mayo clinic write uphttp://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hemorrhoids/basics/definition/con-20029852 OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HII am not sure why you gave a negative rating.Was that a mistake?I gave you an extensive answer and invited you back to ask more?Was there any question not answered?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.I'm Dr. Phil and I am another expert.I would recommend that you ask for a referral to a specialist for thisA colorectal surgeon would be the best doctor to see.You are having extremely painful symptoms. In the meantime, you can try witch hazel. It works very well for thisAlso, ask your GP for proctosol. It also works well
I also have many patients take miralax and a probiotic daily. This seems to help a lot. I forgot to mention this in my initial posting. thanks and if you have more questions, just reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, for the charge i do feel that was a very basic reply that was just common sense and nothing anyone couldnt get from an over the counter staff in a supermarket. You said become a vegetarian, take a bath, take creams. did not adress my question.I stated, my diet is good, that i am using creams, etc, but at the point of it getting better it starts all over again. Whyi am using stool softeners. I dont have a bath, and only eat chicken. The answer does not help.Q. is it possible to be sensitive or allergic to the creams, supositories
q. Is it normal for this to take so long to heal and stay healed.
q why would becoming vegeatrian make difference. I only eat chicken. Very little dairy.
q are the creams you mention for internal or external, and are they available over the counter in uk
I am another expert that provided another reply Did you see my recommendations?1)yes it is possible to be sensitive to creams2)yes it is relatively normal for it to take a long time to heal3)I don't agree with being vegetarian. There is no evidence of that4)try witch hazel, probiotics, and miralax over the counter. This should help.5)if you need to ask your GP for another product ask for proctosol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr phil , thank you, ***** ***** found your answers. This is more helpful, thank you
Oh you are very welcome. I'm very happy to helpWould you be so kind as to rate me positively for my work?It is how I am credited. Please click a positive face at the bottom of the screen. I encourage more questions if you have them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, found the credit rating for you.
I have no history of this condition. 2 months ago it was very bad. Was hard to sleep. 2 months on, i am at a point where it is a little sore, doesnt like me to sit for long periods, then almost goes entirely. I do continue with the suppositories, the notion being to make sure it has gone. I took this morning and not long after it has been very unhappy wiyh me, itchy, feels like it almost got burnt. May i ask. As this condition calms down to almost nothing...should i stop the medications,? Is it possible my continukng a regime of suppositories im actually irritating again what was healed? Is that possible. Many thaks. I am here by the way because my doctors practice has closed down and iam between doctors.
Yes I would make a constant attempt to wean off meds
It could heal on its own and you could be med free
You are correct the meds can become harmful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** from cornwall uk, apppreciated.
You're welcome.
Again please don't forget that rating
I receive no credit otherwise
Cheers ***** ***** States
Dr Phil
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States