Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My daughter is 33 years old and was diagnosed with lung cancer

My daughter is 33 years old and was diagnosed with lung cancer ( has never smoked ) the cancer has spread to her brain and liver over the last two years.
Her chemo has done damage to her liver and if she has her next chemo it could kill her.
Is there any treatment that could go with the low level, tablet chemo that could help her liver recover somewhat?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI'm very sorry about this diagnosis.It is possible that she could have some type of non chemo based intervention.They are doing many procedures these days for liver lesions like cryotherapy or embolization where they cut off the blood supply to the liver tumors.I would ask the oncologist about this
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctorsome lung cancers have EGRR mutations which can be treated with oral pills like tarceva which are targeted chemo agents which can shrink her tumorthese mutations are more common in women non smokers. has her lung tumor been tested for EGFR mutationlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board Certified Physician