Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There, wonder if you can help, i had constipation over 4

hi there, wonder if you can help, i had constipation over 4 weeks ago and since then ive devloped a problem where i have the constant urge to poo it feels like pressure around my anus. I have had full blood test and stool sample taken and yet 6 weeks later i still have this issue. Its driving me mad. it feels like i constantly need to poo
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This can occur from rectal lining inflammation. Proctitis is the term. This can be due to the bacterial infection although you had blood and stool tests. The best way to see is by a camera testing like sigmoidoscopy. You can try probiotics daily.Better option will be to consider antibiotic course to treat the proctitis well. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing came back from blood or stool, like i said its a constant feeling of needing to go ? i have had laxitives to help me get moving and now i have laxido. could it be in my head, im eating all the right foods?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You should avoid using laxative as it causes further irritation. You should avoid spicy food, alcohol, caffeine, smoking as well. Try to eat healthy food --fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat. Start taking a probiotic like lactobacilli daily. You should improve in next 2-3 weeks. Nothing serious. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so you do not think its anything serious, should i stop taking the laxido? and just eat normal and try relaxing, do you think that all the lax is irritating my anus?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Nothing serious --just a temporary problem.Yes please stop laxido.Please eat normal as I suggested earlier.Try to relax.You will do well.Best wishes