Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There I have a deep bleeding split crack in my heel it is

Hi there I have a deep bleeding split crack in my heel it is throbbing sore my whole foot is hot and sore.
I was prescribed betnovate today. Is it ok to apply this to an open crack wound ?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Betnovate is a steroid ointment only used for eczema or allergies.You have a bacterial infection which can get serious with betnovate application.Hence you should avoid this.You should avoid this cream.And you should get a prescription antibiotic course.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/