Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am getting very anxious as I am having strange pains in my

I am getting very anxious as I am having strange pains in my head & neck...I have been having sinus problems for many years now & the last few weeks my sinuses have really been playing up...I went to my Doctors the other day who said my nose was very inflamed & recommeded Beconase which I have been spraying twice a day.. After 2 weeks if that didn't help the Doctor said she would put me on antibiotics as I may have a sinus infection...I have had a cough for about 6-7 weeks which I think is starting to clear now...I am in a state as I am feeling quite anxious I'm feeling quite shaky & light headed every so often... I have pain around my eyes, nose & forehead...I have pain in my ears & jaw sometimes... Pain in the back of my head...I do suffer from anxiety which I am able to control now however the last couple of days I haven't..I started a new job on Monday which hasn't helped the situation....
I just suddenly had a very weird feeling in my head where I felt like someone had just wacked both my ears from behind...Can you please advice urgently....I am so worried...
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Understand your concerns with so many symptoms at a time.Beconase can cause some of these symptoms especially anxiety attacks and restlessness as side effect.You also likely have bacterial sinusitis.That means antibiotic course should be started without delay.Since you do not have any fever and can still work normal job, any serious brain infection is very unlikely.Brain tumor is also rare at your age.And you do not really have any facial weakness, seizures, or any other neurological symptoms.It is better to take adequate rest, contact your doctor for further evaluation, and starting antibiotic course.Beconase can be discontinued slowly.Anti anxiety medicatino liek lorazepam can be considered short term.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello there Doctor Basu, thank you very much for your response I feel a little comforted. My nose is getting very sore & I did think that this was a new feeling for sinus issues which I have not experienced before. I have been able to book on line an appointment with my Doctor on Friday afternoon is that too late? I feel quite shaky is that caused by the infection? Am I ok to continue putting my head over steam with menthol crystals? Drink lots of water? Does this type of pain normally affect the neck & head in this way? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Friday is ok for the appointment.Shakiness is likely from Beconase --a potent steroid medication.Steroid can cause shakiness, anxiety as common side effect.Yes you can continue with steam and menthol crystals.Yes drink lots of water, also take vitamin C, orange juice.This type of pain can involve neck and head due to the muscle spasms.You can use Ibuprofen 400 mg as needed for pain control.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that all makes sense now & feel comforted thank you...not happy that my own GP has recommended this when they're aware that I experienced a bout of anxiety last year which was horrid! I will stop taking spraying the Beconase as I don't wish to have any more spasms or this feeling...I have some Nurofen Sinus tablets so I will take some of them before bed as I haven't been sleeping well since using this spray...I will make sure I have some orange juice & plenty of water....thank you, truly & sincerely grateful....
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeGet well soon,Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/