Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am male / 30 years old . I have been suffering a

Customer Question

Hello / i am male / 30 years old . I have been suffering a temple headache right side for 5 years
Chronic 24/7 . I have seen several neorologists / and had 3 MRI scans with all
Tests coming back clear / I have also done pretty much everything else with mouth guard
Eyes tested / ect . I have bad neck a lot which I get ausotepath treatment.
Now my main symptom I think is my dehydration which I am
Most of time , I also have a lot of constipation , and if I do any excercise my head pain is a
lot worse after 5 minutes . Every morning I wake up I am always very dehydrated , and now feel very un trusting in doctors as they have not helped me get rid of my paid and I feel now maybe everyone has been looking in the wrong place when my pain is coming from
Somewhere else . So I really want to know from what I have told you, is there any way my head pain could be from some sort of issue i have with my gut or so
Something which had been making me dehydrated all the time last 5 years ?
I hope you can help me in any way as I'm depressed 247 .
I hope you can help me .
Thankyou
Daniel
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Does the headache wake you up from your sleep?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Have you had MRA or MRV (to have a look at the veins and ateries in your brain to rule out aneurysms)?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I have had MRA for all veins and arteries checked by a London consultant who specialised in checking this .I don't have any other medical problems that I know about .It doesn't normally wake me from sleep unless it's a bad day which I had recently where I woke up with extreme dry mouth and eyes were sticky together and right eye soar . This is very rare .I only take palexia 50 mg when it's real bad as this give little relief but then is worse after the next day .I have tried many medications and am sure if you mention any major ones I would have already tried . And seen several top end doctors who all could not find anything .The paid I had recently when I woke with soar eye and dryness was very similar to the pain I had 5 years ago when it was horrific . So jisy so you are aware it started at scale 10:10 which was suicicde feeling pain and now 5 years later it fluctuates at 2-5 / 10 .When the pain first started I was running a business and was very stressed at the time . I also had always incurred a problem with usual type of headaches when I hadn't eaten regularly , which would immediately make me very lethargic and exhausted needing to eat.I will really appreciate your time and effort in trying to help me come to the end of this very long chapter in my life . To be able to live again a normal life is just a dream for me .ThankyouDanie
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 10 months ago.
Is the painful area tender to touch?Is the pain superficial or deep?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The area is painful to touch if pushed quite hard , and the pain is quite deep my vision tells me it's around half an inch -1 inch inside my temple , and there is normally pain above my eye brows when pushed which is more painful than the temple area itself .
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 10 months ago.
HelloBy definition they are going to tell you this is a tension headache.And, you need to be working with a pain management specialists.In addition, what is often missed is the contribution to pain that can occur with undiagnosed cervical spine problems.Many people who have had any type of accident, particularly car accidents have this develop and the temple is a common area to experience pain, so is the eye.You need an MRI of the cervical spine. Another problem to rule out is temporal arteritis, also called giant cell arteritis.This is an autoimmune disease that can cause pain in the temple and eye, and can lead to blindness. Often a biopsy of the temporaral artery is needed for definitive diagnosis, or treating with steroids will get rid of it. I also want to make sure that you have had an opthalmology exam, to rule out problems such as glaucoma. I am Dr. Thomas, a double board certified clinical doctor.Find me in medical by request for prompt, comprehensive, accurate and precise answers, any day of the week.Please click a positive rating on this answer page, then let me know if you have further questions. If you would like to go into integrative medicine approaches for this [my second board certification, and I have run centers addressing intractable pain problems] please click a positive on this post, then find me by request in the medical category, using a long request lock and "for Dr. Thomas only," in the title.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 10 months ago.
Hello. This is Dr. Love. The original expert has opted out. The possible diagnoses mentioned by the second expert are accurate, but I have a couple of additional comments relative to your original question. You asked about whether there is a condition of the gut that would also cause the headache, and that is not a typical presentation. However, it is possible that a systemic condition can cause pain in both locations. For example, inflammation of the arteries noted above can also cause inflammation of the blood vessels in the abdomen resulting in abdominal pain. The most common situation that arises, though, is that someone with chronic pain in any location of the body can develop increased sensitivity to pain at any other location of the body. This appears to be due to how the central nervous system perceives and processes pain and ultimately normal stimuli. This condition is commonly referred to as central sensitization. Over time, it can result in normal situations causing significant pain. In this situation, any chronic pain syndrome can contribute to another chronic pain syndrome, depending upon which one happens first in that particular individual. In addition, the chronic dehydration that you mention could be indirectly related to any cause of chronic pain, as many people with chronic abdominal pain or headaches do not maintain adequate intake of calories or liquids. However, there are some specific conditions that should be checked for, such as diabetes mellitus (the common diabetes that is due to insulin deficiency or resistance), diabetes insipidus (a completely different condition that is due to abnormal levels of a different hormone, ADH), chronic kidney diseases, or adrenal disease. The recommendation to be seen by a Pain Management is very good, and they also can try to help when someone has developed central sensitization. The evaluation for causes of chronic dehydration can usually be started by your regular doctor, but it may be necessary to be seen by an Endocrinologist. If I have answered all your questions, please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).However, if I can provide any further information or clarification, please let me know.Please bookmark my profile for asking future questions.This is a link to my profile:www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/