Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm a 40-year-old male and the past 3 months

Hi. I'm a 40-year-old male and for about the past 3 months I have been getting extremely hot/red flushes to the sides of my nose (not on my nose, predominantly one side). Besides being very red, the skin feels hot to the touch and feels like sunburn. After about 30-45 minutes the red subsides and goes back to normal. This happens sporadically throughout the day and there doesn't seem to be any triggers. The "shape/area" of the redness is consistent every day. Sure it's embarrassing, but it's more uncomfortable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to add, there are no lumps or bumps. Also, I've recently had a blood test as part of a general checkup and it was fine. I thought perhaps I had high blood pressure.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
do you have any pictures?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I actually uploaded 4 images, but here they are again. Thank you.
This is a condition known as rosaceait is easily treated with metronidazole gel or finacea gel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Which one do you recommend to start with please? What's the main active ingredient I need and how long should it take to see an effect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm also in the UK, so is there a brand product you can recommend for an off-the-shelf product, or do I have to see my GP?
metronidazole gel.you will need to see your GPsorry about the late reply. I had to go offline for a bit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem. Thank you for getting back to me. So would you recommend metronidazole gel over the finacea gel to start with?>
Yes I would. It is cheaper!
please don't forget a positive rating for me
I appreciate it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely I will leave good feedback Phil. Last question if you don't mind. Until I can see my GP, I have been using this cream
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dermalex-Repair-Rosacea-Couperose-Cream/dp/B009CQL6U6.Am I wasting my time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.dermalex.co.uk/rosacea/dermalex-rosacea-2/
you can try it.it won't hurtprobably a waste of time though