Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

A week ago today I suffered a sudden violent giddiness and

Customer Question

A week ago today I suffered a sudden violent giddiness and was vomiting several times, I was able to ring my daughter whilst I was lying down and she and her husband came to help. I felt weak for a few days but was able to get back to eating ok. However since Monday I have been very light headed and unstable. I have to add that I am now back on two good meals a day plus I have a Complan smoothie drink most days.. I am 83 and live alone. I do get lonely and to top it all I heard yesterday that my son and his wife are parting and the house has gone up for sale.. This has been considerably worrying for me as my son was diagnosed with a brain tumour and is taking lots of medication for this . I am still light headed whilst writing this. Should I get a doctor to call or do you think I am stressed and will soon feel better?? Many thanks. Iris.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question Iris. I'm sorry to hear about the family issues.I'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpI think you need to see a doctor. Dizziness can be anything from an inner ear issue to dehydration to something severe like a stroke.It does need checked out.
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)
if you have any more questions, just reply