Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm Luiza and I'm 46 years. I have a mild cold

Hello, I'm Luiza and I'm 46 years. I have a mild cold for few days with blocked nose, throat ache and cough. All on a sudden yesterday at work had a severe head ache followed shortly by nausea. I did vomit about 10 times in an hour and I noticed lots of mucous, followed by little blood and then bile. Can the blood be from the nose or throat or can be something that should worry me? Today feeling better but slightly discomfort in my upper right abdomen.Please advice.Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Likely a viral infection.It can affect your stomach as well.Blood can come from your esophagus from act of vomiting.That can bruise the lining and hence little blood.Bile is likely due to the empty stomach.Residual pain is expected.If no recurrence or worsening, you are probably good.No need to worry.You can try a liquid antacid for relief.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Basu, thank you so very much for your help and advice. Feeling great now. At the moment I do not have any questions. I will definitely get back to you if any problems.
Once again, thank you.
My best wishes, Luiza
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Glad to be of helpBest wishes