Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Just wanted to ask about taking baby aspirin ? I did have

Hi just wanted to ask about taking baby aspirin ? I did have a hemipleagic stroke about 20 years ago & just get the occasional migraine now ...
I'm also taking thyroxine 100mg ,Pariet acid reflux , lostarten 50mg high bp ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionI presume that your question is if you should be on and the answer to that question is that yes you should be on baby aspirin if you have had an ishemic stroke. If you have had a hemorrhagic stroke then baby aspirin should not be taken.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thankyou for your quick reply the consultant definitly said it was a hemipleagic migraine which mimics a stroke I'm still left with migraines with aura but only occasionally .
Thankyou for your help !
Elise
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
If you had hemiplegic migraine then that would not require a baby aspirin.All you would require is treatment for your migraine.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I was just really wanting to take baby aspirin daily because I've heard it's benefits are good for health ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Well, there is no harm in taking a baby aspirin if you want to take it.Even taking a pill three to four times a week should be good enough if you do not wish to take it every single day.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou so much ! I take it every other day ... Just didn't want to take it if it might have adverse effect because of my medical history !Elise
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Every other day is just fine.Please rate me as that is the only way I am paid by the website.Regards