Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Two months 1 week before I start my period I get pink

For last two months 1 week before I start my period I get pink and brown discharge with bad smell and its continues until I start my period, after the period its goes but again 1 week before its starts again, I have very bad lower back pains with continues lower abdominal pains I feel very bloating and I feel nausea, I went to my gp they have done tests for infections and bacteria vaginosis but the tests came all negative, can you please give me a answer because I'm very worried, thank you.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The color of the blood that you are indicating means that you are passing old blood. Blood that has been there in your uterus for a day or so prior to your periods. This can happen very commonly and it is not anything serious or anything to worry about in the vast majority of cases.Old blood causes a smell as well which is what you are experiencing.All these things can happen due to hormonal changes in the body and again hormonal changes are very common in ladies. This can happen even with something minor such as excessive physical or emotional stress.Also, the reassuring thing is that all your blood tests and examination was fine.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your information but they did not done any blood tests my gp done only some swap test
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I mean the examination and the swab.The swabs ruled out any infection that you could have been having.So again that is very reassuring.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Wish you all the bestTake careGoodbye :)