Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have an incredibly swollen leg post knee rplacement surgery

Customer Question

I have an incredibly swollen leg post knee rplacement surgery with pitting odema from the knee to the toes and bruising from the inner thigh (maroon) to the toes (deep purple) I have taken arnica 30, used arnica and ruta cream elevated & ice packed legs. Is there anything else I can do? I had the op a week ago
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.You must be seen in the emergency right away and the reason why I say that is because I would like to rule out a clot in one of the major veins of the leg which is the major possibility here and that would require immediate treatment with blood thinners.The other possibility is that of an infection called as cellulitis.You should have an ultrasound of your abdomen to rule out an enlarged spleen because with your raised counts I would like to rule out an enlarged spleen which is the reason why I think that you should be seen by a hematologist as well.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards