Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I had a renal blood test 2 years ago as part of investigations

Customer Question

I had a renal blood test 2 years ago as part of investigations as I had a heart arrhythmia.
I was organising my papers today and noticed that on my results it states GFR 60.
This is not something that was ever discussed with me at the time, perhaps because the concern was my heart at the time (which is now fixed through successful abaltion)
Is this something I should be concerned about? I am 28yr femail BMI 21. I was 26 at the time the test was taken and have read your GFR decreases with age.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionThe paper likely says GFR > 60. This is totally normal.Is that what it says?
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)if you have more questions, just reply