Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Is it safe to drink bottle wine after my last antibiotic

Is it safe to drink bottle wine after my last antibiotic mentridolze at 10.30
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. You should wait for complete 24 hours at least to avoid any side effects due to interaction of alcohol with metronidazole. I know some time it's hard to do so but there is definitely a risk so please avoid till tomorrow 10:30. It will not only save you from getting any side effects but will also help you to get full benefit of metronidazole that you have taken so far. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank u
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it not 24 hours now from 10,30 last night.. Or meaning today's?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Two days sorry
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
We are different time zones. I guess you are in UK. It's 24 hours from your last dose. If you took it at 10:30 am today then you can drink at 10:30 tomorrow. I hope you have got my point. You are most welcome. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Please remember to rate my answer. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry am from Scotland no I mean I took my last dose at 10 last night..
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Ok then you can drink safely at 10 tonight :). My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Please remember to rate my answer. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 pm night before
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes then it's ok to drink at 10 pm tonight. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. Please remember to rate my answer. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards