Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Thank you. I have a serious issue with alcoholism....My

I have a serious issue with alcoholism....My Latest blood and liver test showed tricilides cholesterol at 3.6%.....But i am more worried about the liver test where the enzymes record showed 95%....My doctor said it should be 55%.
My hospital consultant is not to worried as he says its still within the tolerance range.
Is part of my liver Destroyed....I have no adverse systems.
Kindly reply.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.are they still in the normal range?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ref
The gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT) blood test measures the level of the enzyme GGT in the blood.
Test carried 0n the 2nd of february showed enzyme level at 95%...As advised the doctor says maximum level should be 65%
However hs is concerned but the hospital consultant is not he says its still within tolerance limits
Then you are probably still within the normal rangeI recommend an ultrasound of the liver.you probably have some fatty liver disease
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is fatty liver disease serious to worry about......And most importantly are you concerned about the level of enzymes showing at 95%.
Please give indept reply as this is the last question on the subject.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12/02/2016 01:58
Still Waiting foa Answer.
Please reply
yes, it can be.but you can correct it with weight loss95% is high but still likely in the normal rangewe won't know anything until you do an ultrasound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12/02/2016 07:44
Thank you for your reassurance....
Just to confirm these high enzymes are due to excess alcohol...Since i am underweight anyway and only eat once a day...
Do you thing it could be as a result of many other factors and not just alcohol....As said i am a very heavy alcohol drinker....
sorry to trouble you again....
Mr Raja
no problem Mr Rajaplease don't forget a positive rating after thisno it is just alcohol related