Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have a cyst or an abscess on the roof of my mouth. I have

Customer Question

I have a cyst or an abscess on the roof of my mouth. I have an appointment at Aldershot dental centre on the 16 February which was supposed to be on the 2nd of February but they had to cancel. The thing is it has got bigger but from x-ray it's not clear whether it is coming from the tooth which is dead or from something else I have been gave amoxicillin. Is there anything else I should be doing while I am waiting on my appointment. The cyst or abbcess is rather large and I am quite concerned about it.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionI can help you get the pic to me.If you accept additional services, we can communicate by email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't seem to add a file.
I sent you my emailemail it
that is a serious abscess.that absolutely needs to be drained
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have an appointment on Tuesday what shall I do in the while I am waiting. Would rinsing my mouth with salt water help?
Yes, Try a warm compress as welllike a warm wash cloth