Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

My toe next to my big toe is very painful, its longer than

my toe next to my big toe is very painful, its longer than all the rest the end feels numb its the bone that feels painful any ideas as to why, i have type 2 dietetics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidtype 2 diabetes can cause nerve damage in your fingers and toes and can cause numbness in the toes from diabetic neuropathy.pain in the toe could be from gout or too much uric acid in your blood stream which can lead to uric acid crystals in the toe jointsor it could be due to an infection or poor circulation in your toes.if you have diabetes, you need to see your GP doctor to look at your toes and get a toe xray to check for broken bones and infection which can be problematic in patients who have long term diabetes.you need blood testing to check your uric acid levels to check for gout.eating fatty foods, meats, and drinking alcohol can increase your risks for goutlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com