Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have had type 2 diabetes years and managed

Customer Question

I have had type 2 diabetes for some years and managed it successfully by taking Metformin and Actos. My readings were regularly around 5.
About a year ago my GP insisted I should come off Actos as I did not need it.
My readings are now regularly around 7 with just Metformin.
I have read several articles saying that the more you keep blood readings down over the years, the more it staves off further complications later in life. Should I have come off Actos? FYI I am 55.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Blood glucose readings of around 7 are fantastic with only metformin.I think it was the right decision to come of actos.7 is an outstanding level of blood glucose so it is already controlled really well.It does not need to be lowered below this as it is already fantastic.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards