Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm 42 year old male with type 2 Diabetes. I was diagnosed

Hi. I'm 42 year old male with type 2 Diabetes. I was diagnosed about 2 and a half years ago. My longs range tests showed that I managed to get my blood sugar levels down 2 pre-diabetes levels. However, over the last 10 months I've suffered depression and had also been suffering headaches. MRI shows no abnormalities but I was so preoccupide with all that was going on I neglected my my physical health. I've put on weight, and have recently been urinating very frequently. I've carried out 2 finger prick tests today. one 20 minutes after eating a sandwich which showed an extremely high glucose level go 15.8 . Alarmingly, 5 hours later after only drinking water, another shows 17.0. This afternoon I made an appointment with the diabetic nurse but I was unable to get one until the 24th. I have2 major concerns. Firstly, do I need to see someone before then given the high numbers and secondly, are they so bad that I'll likely go straight onto a blood sugar lowering medication instead of Metformin? I'm not medicated at present. Thanks very much for looking at this for me.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyour glucose levels are high, but not high enough to get you into the hospitalyou do need to go on metformin to decrease your levelsyou need to diet and exercise to loose weight over time to reverse your diabetes. if you still have depression, you need to get your depression treated as well so you don't neglect your body again.that is fine to see a diabetic nurse on Feb 24they will check your hemoglobin a1c levels will which be elevated.work on exercising and eating healthy foods form here on out.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
let me know your number if you would like me to call you