Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have been taking citalopram couple of weeks which

I have been taking citalopram for a couple of weeks which have given me a bad headache. I have now been advised by my GP to wean my self off then over the next week but I want to know what painkillers I can take
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.You can take paracetamol two tablets as required or ibuprofen or even naproxen.None of these medications would interact with citalopram.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.