Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'm recently having problems as I've been getting spots

I'm recently having problems as I've been getting spots on my back & chest also feeling itchy (especially scalp, arms and legs) I do feel more tired than normal too.
I did have sex 2 weeks ago but used protection but did receive oral. Do you think this could be a possible cause? I'm 27 years old
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.How long have you been having the spots on your back and chest and the tiredness?Could you attach a picture of the spots?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it's been a few weeks on my back and just recently on my chest. I do feel round my neck itchy too. I recently lost my job so I don't know if this could have something with the tiredness as that's been about 3 weeks now. It's quite hard to see my back in the photo but you can see my chest.
It is difficult to see the spots well, but it does not look infectious. They mostly look inflammatory, so could be a minor allergy, although it is also possible that it could be related to dry skin that causes the individual to rub or scratch the skin. There is clearly nothing in the pictures that looks worrisome for any infection that could be related to the sexual encounter 2 weeks ago. If the tiredness also started about 3 weeks ago, then it also would not be related to the sexual encounter 2 weeks ago. The tiredness certainly can be related to stress from the recent loss of your job. At this point, it would be reasonable to try an antihistamine to try to help with the spots on the back and chest. It also would be reasonable to apply a moisturizer to the skin. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok.. Thank you for your help doctor.