Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Could you look at a picture of my scrotum as I have been

Customer Question

Hi could you look at a picture of my scrotum as I have been having problems for a month now
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.Yes. If you will attach the picture, I would be glad to review the picture.Could you also list the symptoms that you are having?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so a month ago I noticed some small lumps on my scrotum and shaft. No itchiness no redness just feels like rough skin.I went to a walkin medical centre and a gum where three Dr's all said skin problem but gave me nothing. It's getting worse and these pictures were this morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Second pic
Thank you for the pictures. This looks to be severely inflamed that has resulted in significant thickening of the skin. There are many different factors that can contribute to dermatitis of the scrotum, but it can be due to a reaction to medicines applied to the scrotal skin. Have you been using any over the counter medicines for the scrotal skin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I've used e45 an over the counter psoriasis cream as I was told it could be that and talcum powder.I'm worried in case it's herpes or warts but I just want to treat it now and get rid
It does not look like herpes or warts. The E45 is generally OK to use. It also would be OK to use a mild over the counter hydrocortisone cream for a short course for relief of inflammation. It also would be reasonable to avoid any tight clothing, either underwear or tight pants/jeans. It frequently is helpful to soak in warm water to which Epsom salt has been added. It is true that psoriasis can be the cause of inflammation of the scrotum or penis, and the above interventions may help, but if there is persistent inflammation, it may require stronger medicines that are only available by prescription, such as tacrolimus or pimecrolimus. These are only available by prescription, so it would be necessary to discuss this with your doctor. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks dr
You are most welcome. If I have answered all your questions, please remember to provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.