Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have hallucinations at night (not dreams). I am taking qetiapine

I have hallucinations at night (not dreams). I am taking qetiapine 100 at night. My local mental health trust has suggested my doctor refer me to neurology. Have a ct scan.
Why please?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davida CT scan or MRI scan of the brain is part of a complete neurological workuphallucinations most likely are from mental disorders such as schizophrenia or other conditionsquetiapine is an antipsychotic medication used to treat conditions such as schizophrenia and to treat hallucinations.most likely the CT scan of the brain will be completely normal.you can talk to your GP doctor about a brain CT scan and about seeing neurology.your GP doctor knows you the best and can help you make that decision if you want to see a neurologist and if you should get a brain CT scan.let me know if you have other questions.