Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have scoliosis been experiencing a lot of pain in my chest

I have scoliosis been experiencing a lot of pain in my chest and my neck feel breathless and lightheaded when I try to swallow my neck bones move is this serious enough to go to a hospital ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Which part of your chest hurts? Is it the right side or left side upper chest or lower chest? How severe is your shortness of breath?Do you have any previous diagnosis or have previously experienced shortness of breath?Have you ever been diagnosed with asthma?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The breast bone feels like it's compressing my chest , it feels like I'm thirsty but I'm not it's making me have a shallow panting , never been diagnosed with shortness of breath but it's hard to catch my breath and no history of asthma , I have lost a lot of weight due to anxiety and the fact my neck bones move when eating.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Considering your diagnosis of anxiety your symptoms most likely seem to be related to anxiety, however, having said that, as a general rule any person who has new onset shortness of breath must be seen in the emergency to be sure it is nothing serious.It is always better to be safe rather than sorry, therefore I would strongly recommend that you be seen ASAP just to be on the safe side, however, I personally think that it will not turn out to be anything serious.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) at the top right-hand-corner as that is the only way I am credited on here by the website for helping you out.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its as if something is obstructing my throat to breath and I sometimes get pain down my right side. I will go to my GP if it does not subside.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Feeling of something in the throat is called as globus hystericus and this happens very commonly in severe anxiety which is what I think that you could be having.So I believe it is nothing serious.However, if your symptoms worsen you should be seen in the emergency.