Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had an appointment yesterday at my local hospital

Hi, I had an appointment yesterday at my local hospital in the gynaecology unit because I have experienced spotting between my periods for the past 5 or 6 months. The doctor did an exam and took some swabs and that , I am waiting for a scan appointment to come through, but the doctor has said she just thinks it is a hormonal imbalance and have been prescribed levest. I had my first pill yesterday although I'm in third day of my period yesterday. Was that ok to do and are levest safe and ok to take?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Yes it is ok to get the hormone levels tested during periods and it is safe, they will just take few ml of blood to test them.Do not get worried.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is the pill called 'levest ' safe to take as that is what I have been prescribed at hospital yesterday? And I also started taking them yesterday on my 3rd day of my period, was that ok to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just replied back from your answer asking about the pill what I was prescribed yesterday
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is safe to take, it is basically a hormonal contraceptive which help balance hormones and it is safe to take in periods as well.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Best wishes.