Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)/MRCP(R) U.K
16248889

When i am lying down in bed and ready to to sleep my blood

Customer Question

when i am lying down in bed and ready to to sleep my blood oxygen level goes down to 89% is this okay?
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, as long as these levels do not fall less than 85% these are not considered abnormal. Because in most cases when you lie down body needs less oxygen, there is less respiratory effort so less oxygen. As long as it is more than 85 it is ok... Let me know if you have questions, thank you. Do rate as positive if nor there questions, thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does that mean that no symptoms associated with low blood oxygen would be apparent. Why is it likely to be 89% now when in the past (year or so) it has never gone below 94%. I am having an home sleep study test soon, what will this consist of?

Thank you for your question, it will be checking your heart rate, blood pressure and oxygen saturation,unless it falls less than 85%... it is ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wrote to you on 29th January about my nagging knee problem and you asked if i could let you know how my doctors appointment went. She recommended that i should buy a knee support and referred me for physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles directly around the knee. She knows I have trouble building muscle but thought we could give it a try.

Can I ask, please, why it might be that i have problems building muscles, i just can't hold a position for long, and when my muscles are tired they just don't seem to work. All my neuromuscular tests were negative. Can sleep apnoea cause weakness?

Thank you for your question, yes sleep apnea is one of the major cause of morning and daytime weakness and somnolence...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you .

welcome.