Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My blood pressure has gone up to 95/200 Should I do something.

Customer Question

My blood pressure has gone up to 95/200
Should I do something. It is normally a bit above the ideal say 145/ 85 but this is a lot higher. I feel ok but I am concerned.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Blood pressure of more than 180/100 is considered a medical emergency because there is a risk of getting stroke at this reading. I would suggest you to go to ER to get examined and investigated. They may reduce your blood pressure by giving you captopril pill. Please go now without waiting. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Since you are in UK, ER means A & E. Don't drink much water because it will further increase the blood pressure. Regards