Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

Is it possible replacement injections to get

Customer Question

Is it possible for testosterone replacement injections to get washed out at regular dialysis,
I have an injection every three weeks my bloods were tested a few days after the injection it was 28 the British range is 6 to 27 a week after my injection it was 14 and on the third week just before the next injection it was 5
I am on dialysis three days a week 4.5hrs each session.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, testosterone can get washed out during hemodialysistestosterone injections also has a half life in your body as well.testosterone cypionate intramuscular injections has a half life of about 8 days so every 8 days, the amount of testosterone in your body will be cut in half.so it sounds like your testosterone levels are declining every week after injection.you might need an intramuscular injection every 2 weeks instead of every 3 weekslet me know if you have questions.