Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm hoping you can advise. I have just returned from Lanzarote

Customer Question

I'm hoping you can advise. I have just returned from Lanzarote and during the night of Jan 29th was bitten 2 or 3 times I think by a mosquito. The worst was on my right hand just above the little finger. A few days later I noticed a tingling sensation in that finger and it is still there with a feeling of slight numbness which I think is getting worse. I wonder if you think I should seek further investigation. I am particularly concerned as I am a professional organist and although I am still able to play am feeling nervous with pieces involving fast movement of the affected finger and if it gets worse than it is now I'm not sure how that would affect my ability to play. Thank you very much. Anthony Rudd
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.i'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpYou need to get this looked at for sureYou need to ensure there was no nerve damage
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.If you have more questions, just reply.