DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have a horseshoe shaped ring of skin coloured lumps - almost

Customer Question

I have a horseshoe shaped ring of skin coloured lumps - almost like small/flat skin tags. They are painless and non itchy. Each lump is between 1-2 mm across. The horseshoe is about 0.5 - 1cm across. I have visited my gp who suggested it may be a fungal Infection due to ring like nature. A cortisone cream has been prescribed but it doesn't seem to be doing much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached images
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Additional image with better detail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should add that the GP didn't seem to think they were genital warts. I'm assuming therefore they aren't although many Google images seem similar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not particularly concerned if reply is by email or phone. Whichever is fastest :)
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis does not look like fungal, and fungal is treated with an anti fungal, not cortisone.This looks warty.Musculosum contagiosum can act like this, and need specific medication applied by the doctor.If this has been there a long time, it needs a sample sent to the lab [basal cell is possible in that case]. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have since visited my gp for a second opinion. Yes it was a fungicidal my mistake. This doctor also felt it was warty and has prescribed Warticon. However I'm guessing Molluscum doesn't respond to this treatment? I have been in a longterm relationship for 8 years. I have had genital warts over 15 years ago in a different location(under the glans). Is it possible that it's a recurrence?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes it can be a recurrence.Often liquid nitrogen is needed to remove complex warts.I would have a sample sent to the lab. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for the response. You mentioned length of time the lumps have been present and having them tested. What would the intended purpose of this be? Is it related to the length of time they have been present?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
NoPurpose to identify type of wart, musculosum, etc.