Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I think I have balanitis can I buy something over the counter

I think I have balanitis can I buy something over the counter to help cure it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a picture or two that you could send me so that I can have a look myself.Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry no I am at work, I have seen images of other people and it is similar. red rash tight foreskin white discharge itchy is seems a worse when in the bath if that helps
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
With what you are describing you are most likely having a fungal balanitis.You can try using over-the-counter antifungal monistat cream applying it twice daily for five days.Mix one part monistat with one part hydrocortisone as well to help reduce the redness and inflammation quicker.Let me know if you have more questions. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
By fungal balanitis I mean a yeast infection. Most common yeast infection is a candida infection.Let me know if you have more questions. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Just saw that you are from UK. In UK the antifungal comes by the name of daktacort (which is a combination of both an antifungal and hydrocortisone). So you can use that instead.