Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I took a month of the pill - Yasmin. When I went back

Customer Question

Hello, I took a month of the pill - Yasmin. When I went back on it, in the first month I had to take antibiotics for 7 days and after it I used condoms as well as the pill for the rest of the month. Yesterday I started a new back after a 7 day break and didn't use a condom. Am I safe or should I take a morning after pill? Thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You are safe.You have completed the first pack of yasmin without any miss.You finished your period and you started your new pack appropriately.There is no chance of any pregnancy as no ovulation and uterus is not ready for fertilization yet.Do not worry.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply! But the fact that I took antibiotics that could have reduced the effectiveness of the pill doesn't matter now?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Not at all --more than 3 weeks passed-- you are safe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
very welcome