Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Both of my legs from the knees downwards are extremely tight

Both of my legs from the knees downwards are extremely tight and very sore ( the sides and backs for well over a month as if there is no blood circulation. Should I be on warfer?
. .... .. ...thankyou
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Blood clots in the leg veins can cause leg swelling.Hence you need doppler venous ultrasound first to rule that out.If you have blood clots you will need warfarin or blood thinner therapy.If these conditions are ruled out, then your symptoms are purely varicose veins related.You should consider wearing compression stockings during daytime to prevent swelling.Compression stockings can be prescribed by your doctor and available in medical equipment stores.Low dose diuretic like Furosemide ( Lasix) 20 to 40 mg daily can be used to reduce leg swelling.Follow a low sodium diet and restrict fluid intake to 1500 ml daily or less.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/