Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am a 22 years old male. I had an unprotected

Customer Question

Hi, I am a 22 years old male. I had an unprotected blowjob and a protected vaginal sex with an escort six months ago. I am very nervous that I am infected with any kind STDs. I have no symptoms and I feel completely normal in this six months. However, I am still very very worried. Please advice me on this. Please.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthat is good you had protected vaginal sex with a condom.unprotected blowjob has only a 0.5 in 10,000 chance of spreading HIV to you if the escort had HIV.your risks for HIV are not high enough to need testing.if you do get HIV testing, I bet your HIV tests will come up negativeif your anxiety and worries continue to be bad, you might benefit from seeing a therapist to talk about your worries and anxieties.let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about other STDs other than HIV like herpes and so on?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
there is a less than 5% chance of spread of herpes virus or HPV human papilloma virus to you with sexual contactthe more sex you have with partners, the more at risk you are for these viruses.HPV virus is not a life long virus, most people can clear HPV virus out of their system in 1-2 yearsmany people already have herpes if you have had a cold sore in your mouth beforelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I know how is the percentage of the possibility STDs spreading calculated? Am I perfectly okay to go on with my life and had sexual contact with my girlfriend without the need to get myself medically tested? ( Do you need more information about my situation or things I may have not mentioned in order for you to assist/ advice me further?)
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
unprotected oral sex has a small chance to spread herpes and HPV virusHPV virus spread doesn't have good data for percentageshere is information about herpes.https://herpesopportunity.com/downloads/herpes-opportunity-disclosure-handout.pdflet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me what is Chlamydia and Gonorrhea? And had I exposed myself to these?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
these are bacterial infections which are spread by sexual contact.these infections would have to be active infection in the throat of the woman to spread to you from unprotected oral sex (which never happens)and you would have been protected from them with the use of a condom.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lastly, based on what I have described to you. Would you think that I should to get myself medically tested or any kind of possible STDs checking would be totally unnecessary to me?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, you don't need medical testing for STD.you can get blood testing for herpes if you want tobut you don't have to get testedlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can HIV, HPV, gonorrhea, chlamydia or any other kind of STDs virus live in saliva?Assuming that the escort had earlier oral sex with another person (just an assumption) before me, can viruses or bacteria remain in her mouth and then transmit them to me while blowjob? Is this possible?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the chances for that happening are super super super super small to transmit gonorrhea or chlamydia to you like that.I have given you the odds for HPV and HIV and herpes virus already from oral sex.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have any medical advice for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That you think I need to do or I need to know.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it seems like you continue to worry.I recommend that you talk to a therapist if you continue to be worried or anxious.you don't have to worry about HIV or gonorrhea or chlamydia or syphilis infectionplease leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com