Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have really blocked ears, sinus pressure, very loud

I have really blocked ears, sinus pressure, very loud tinnitus and feeling almost drunk. Eyes also squeak when I blink. When I try and pop my ears they just make popping noises. Doc says ears look ok. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, These symptoms seems to be due to blocked eustachian tube which can happen with sore throat and sinusitis. Try using steam inhalation and warm water gargles,, as they can open the eustachian tube and can lead to improved symptoms... Let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long can these symptoms last for? How would I know if I have a sinus infection.
Headaches,, post nasal drip,, cough, phlegm all these can indicate a sinus infection. Most of these symptoms last for 2-3 weeks before resolving..
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
The system says that you have requested a new expert, but it is unclear what question is still unanswered. I agree with the other expert that a sensation of a blocked ear when the ear looks normal on exam is typically due to Eustachian tube blockage or dysfunction. As for a sinus infection, it is frequently very difficult for a person to differentiate a sinus infection from sinus inflammation at home. The other expert is correct in the list of symptoms that is most often seen with a sinus infection, but all of these symptoms can also occur with non-infectious inflammation of the sinuses. Even on exam, it is frequently difficult to definitely determine when the sinuses are infected, which is why doctors may need to order an x-ray to determine if an infection is present.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked for another doctor as my account was showing my question had not been answered. My main concern is tinnitus in my left ear and a feeling of almost being drunk like. The fatigue I am feeling is awful and bordering on drowsy. Is this typical of inner ear or ear problems? Thank you for your time .