Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

When I lie down, I get a headache - always, within a few minutes

When I lie down, I get a headache - always, within a few minutes - unless I can keep my head raised. So I have to try to sleep half-sitting-up, which creates its own problems. The headache centres in the sinus area above my nose, but my sinuses are OK, I'm told. Any helpful advice???
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.What kind of tests, if any, have you had for your problem?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greetings - I have had x-rays and scans at various times, concentrating on my sinuses. My only regular medication is "Eltroxin" for a mildly sluggish thyroid. My health is generally good, subject to the normal signs of advancing age.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your kind response.X-rays of the sinuses are quite often insufficient.I would strongly recommend that you should have a CT scan of your sinuses and brain to have a close look at your sinuses and also your brain.I still think that it could be a problem with your sinuses or your brain which I would like to definitively rule out to make sure everything is okay.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards