Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have had an on going problem past two years and

Hi. I have had an on going problem for the past two years and though I have spoken to a gp about it, I feel im being spoken to like it is all in my mind. For the past year I have had irregular heavy periods, lower back pain that can cripples me suddenly and sometimes when I wake up in the morning it is at its worse. My lower abdominal is always swollen , I pee a lot and feel like Im carrying a small ball and always tender there. I do get really tired and its unlike me to want to sleep during the day. I have had ultra sound scans and all the results I have had is I have a tilted pelvis and cysts on my ovaries.
Im not sure what else to help ease these symtoms, or if I should ask for a further investigation?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.I'm Dr. Phil and I'm ready to helpDo you take any meds right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, only meds that I use from the pharmacy like paracetamol and Stuff to help with my IBS.
have you seen an OB/GYN to see if you have endometriosis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't. How do go about that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't referred to any specialists about my symtoms.
I would request your GP send you to one.This could very well be endometriosis (which also causes bowel symptoms)