Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I get terrible stomach cramps, lower back pain and nausea if

Customer Question

I get terrible stomach cramps, lower back pain and nausea if I eat avocado, Brazil nuts or anything cooked with rape seed. Is this common? Is it a food intolerance?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This can be common if food intolerance related.However there can be other possibility --Gallbladder inflammation, obstructing gall stone and acute pancreatitis.These organs are responsible for digestion and can cause symptoms with certain food.This is less likely since you do not get symptoms with any other food.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had several tests/ops to look at my stomach including gallbladder and all looked fine that is why I turned to food intolerances.How do I go about testing if I have fruit latex allergy, for example? Also, why would I develop these intolerances in my late 30's and 40's?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You can get skin allergy testing, and also blood antibody testing against these food items.Your GP can order them.Or you can see an allergy specialist.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I am wanting to know why a person would be allergic to these foods. Is this something that you can answer?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is due to the triggering of antigenic response by these food items.Due to the genetic susceptibility, also overactive immune response,certain components of these food items trigger antibody production from plasma cells in the body.That is the explanation.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explain what you mean by genetic susceptibility?Also, could this overactive immune response be linked to my asthma and hay fever?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes your asthma and hay fever make you prone for food allergies.Genetic susceptibility means due to the certain bad genes you are prone for asthma, hay fever and food allergies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very interesting because I am the only person in my family with these bad genes. Do you have any final comment on that? Then I will be done.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
I will suggest you to get comprehensive allergy testing.Then you can try desensitization procedure by an allergy specialist against at least some of the allergens.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/