Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My right big toe is swollen and is stinging, at times it is

my right big toe is swollen and is stinging, at times it is redish, been three times to doctor had an xray he cannot see any problem I we do not think it is gout. I have been given three lots of antibotics this takes away the red colour, it's still redish and swollen what now.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please send me a picture or two so that I can give you a better opinion.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it looks like the pictures on line of a toe with gout
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Why does your doctor not think it is gout or why do you not think it could be gout?Can you please enumerate all the medications that you took for this already?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems its not painfull enough Also three diffrent dr. have looked at it
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Can you please enumerate all the medications that you have used for this so far?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one week of antibotics aug.2015 unable to remember the names
one week '' '' nov "
one " "" Jan 2016
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I think that this still could be gout and I would like that you should have a uric acid blood test done if you have not had that done already.There certainly is inflammation there and if routine medications have not helped a short course of oral steroids in the form of prednisone for 5 days will most likely help reduce the inflammation and help the redness go away.So I would recommend that you should be put on prednisone if you have not already used them.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** you say and when i do it sorts the problem then shall i rate you. or does it not work that way!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.I would appreciate a rating now if possible.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok regardsI Mac